Data Recovery specialized in photo recovery from Memory Cards
I have been un-officially recovering photos for clients for years. As I am quite often able to recover photos and videos from memory cards, where DIY attempts using file or photo recovery software fail, I am now offering this as a regular service, my Photo Data Recovery Service. I use professional data recovery hardware so you can rest assured I can handle memory cards and flash drives in the most safe and efficient manner.
If you lost photos due to logical causes and seem to be unable to recover them yourself, I may be able to recover them for you.
Photo Data Recovery Service FLAT RATE PRICING $59.95 (ex. VAT)
Logical Photo Data Recovery Service:
- Specifically for photos and videos stored on memory cards or other small flash memory devices (USB thumb drives, SD Cards and such)
- For photos lost due to accidental deletion or formatting
- File system corruption: File system listed as RAW or Windows warning when accessing the memory card: you need to format this drive.
- System freezing as soon as memory card is inserted, I have equipment that will still allow me to read the card or flash drive.
- File recovery software freezes while recovering photos, Using special equipment I will image the card or flash drive.
- Connection to drive (The USB thumb drive, SD card etc.) is dropped, SD card is disconnected while accessing it.
- Inaccessible memory card due to bad sectors; Windows Explorer never produces a file list.
- If file recovery software only recovers corrupt photos, I can often recover intact photos.
- For all small flash based devices; Secure Digital card, SD card, SDHC, MicroSD, Compact Flash card, USB flash drives, USB thumb drives etc.
How does it work?
I need access to the full contents of the memory card.
- Fill out the form below. I will give you a shipping address (Netherlands, Europe).
- You ship the physical memory card or flash drive.
- I will recover your photos (and videos). I can provide file list and samples.
- You pay the recovery fee.
- I will make photos available for download.
Contact me using below form and I’ll provide you with a shipping address.
Important! Do not use a regular envelope. Use a small box or padded envelope instead. Make sure the card can’t be bend. Micro SD Cards only need a small tear in a regular envelope to slip out, I have seen examples of labs receiving envelopes that were empty apart from note that accompanied the card.
I will NOT return the card back unless my recovery is unsuccessful. Note that these unstable devices aren’t fit for continued use anyway. If the card requires ‘lab work’ I will contact you. Some cards require the NAND memory de-soldered from the PCB or micro soldering to connect monolith devices directly to a NAND flash reader. This is a complex and time consuming procedure. Cost for NAND / Chip-off recovery is in the range $350 – $450. Alternatively I send the memory card / USB Flash drive back so you can explore other options.
What’s the advantage of this service over using file recovery software?
By all means, try yourself first but be warned you’re taking a risk. If the card however is in good working order and you avoid writing to it, it is quite safe. For added safety create a disk image of the card. I know my service is a last ditch resort for many.
Specially for this service I acquired specialized professional hard ware that allow me to guarantee the contents of the card are never changed. It also allows me to stabilize the drive to prevent physical issues it may have from getting worse. First thing I do is creating a sector by sector image of your flash drive or memory card. File recovery is then done from that drive image file.
If needed I customize my software in order to be able to achieve my goal: the recovery of your data. This allows me to address logical issues and recover data where other software fails. I know every one tells you they can recover data that others can not, so you have to take my word for it. Many labs are focused on the hardware side of data recovery. Once a device is fixed to a degree where it can be imaged, logical data recovery is done using software. Many labs use off the shelf software. And this, using custom tools and in depth knowledge of logical disk structures as well as digital photo structures, is where my service can make a difference.
Professional grade tools
Apart from professional hardware that allows me to detect cards that would normally not ID and that allows access to degraded cards that would hang or freeze file recovery software without it, I also use professional grade software.