Before downloading and using JPEG Recovery LAB consider the following:
- JPEG Recovery LAB does not process individual photos or videos! In other words, if ‘myimage.jpg’ is corrupt then there is no use in scanning this file only. Instead try recovering the file again from the original memory card.
- If you need to recover digital photos from a NTFS formatted hard drive, you may first want to try a generic file recovery software like ReclaiMe. File fragmentation is less of a issue when recovering files from NTFS unlike FAT32 or exFAT formatted memory cards.
- Be prepared that it will take a long time. JPEG Recovery LAB will grab all available resources leaving very little for you. It’s best to leave the PC untouched for a few hours and let JPEG Recovery LAB do its thing. If you need the PC for work, limit the number of cores JPEG Recovery LAB can use (settings).
- JPEG Recovery LAB requires and internet connection to communicate with our server. More information on this.
- Also, by using the software you indicate to agree with the license agreement.
- Requires 64 bit Windows 7 or better, 64 bit with .NET 4.5. NET 4.5 is normally installed on Windows 8 or better. For Windows 7 you can download it here.
- Minimum amount of memory installed, 8 GB. Hint: If you barely meet system requirements memory wise, consider limiting the number of cores (number of parallel threads) to 2 for example.
- When looking for deleted files only tick ‘Only search unallocated space’. By deleted, I mean files that you selected and then deleted using Windows or the camera itself.
Click button to download JPEG Recovery LAB
Unconditional, no questions asked, 30 day money back guarantee!
I do not want to put you off, but I want you to be able to make an informed decision.
JPEG Recovery LAB is quite a different beast compared to simpler photo recovery and undelete software. To reconstruct and validate images it actually needs to do a lot of computing. It needs to keep track of clusters it processed and which files are assigned to it which consumes memory. Also, rather than skimming over the disk just once it goes back and forth trying different combinations. So, in other words, it will really put your PC to work, CPU, memory and disk wise.
You may also understand that this works best on a memory card of say 16, 32 or 64 GB. On a 500 GB hard disk, the number of combinations to try is huge! If you need to recover digital photos from a (NTFS formatted) hard drive, you may first want to try a generic file recovery software like ReclaiMe.
Example: on a 5th generation mobile Intel CPU with 8 GB of RAM it takes roughly 2 hours to recover 1000 files of which 70 were fragmented (which JPEG Recovery LAB spends most time + resources on). Maximum number of parallel threads was set to 2. Images were on a 32 GB memory card.
Windows SMART Screen Messages
As JPEG Recovery LAB isn’t digitally signed and updated frequently, Windows SmartScreen or Windows Defender may warn you about an unrecognized program. Our software and the installer are however free of viruses, malware and other crapware. To install the software Click ‘More info’. The ‘Run anyway’ button appears, click that.
– Fixed bug which caused bigfragment gap carving of images to crash with limited numbers of CPU threads.
– Reworked Canon CR2 fragment analysis and validation.
– Isolated video thumbnail generation and video preview so crash of the codec does not take the entire scan with it.
– Added support for Dahua video files (DAV).
– Fixed bug which caused load failures of autosave files recorded while ZIP reconstruction is in progress.
– Multiple adjustments to MP4 processing,
– Reworked settings panel,
– Multiple minor performance issues fixed.
1. Implemented two-tiered cache,
2. Added ability to configure cache settings.
Multiple minor bugfixes and improvements.
Various performance improvements and bug fixes.
– Improved cluster size detection
– Implemented save/resume checkpoints
– Implemented MPEG-2 (AVCHD) recovery.
Minor improvements in MP4/MOV recovery quality.
– Improved MOV/MP4 compatibility (TEXET dash camera).
– Fixed: video preview crashes if scrolled near the end of long video.
Adds disk map and resource monitor
Various speed and stability improvements.
Various speed and stability improvements.
1. Added video preview
2. Further adjustments to MP4 recovery, mainly to improve compatibility with different encoders
3. Fixed some crashes
4. Minor speed improvements.