Before you download ReclaiMe File Recovery there is a minimal amount of info you should know about before downloading any file recovery software. Please read this page carefully to avoid mistakes that put your data in jeopardy.
|If you purchase through my website you can use this coupon code to receive a small discount: REDDIT43F8|
This download is always the latest version:
By downloading and installing ReclaiMe File Recovery you acknowledge you have read and agree to the license agreement.
ReclaiMe File Recovery is very safe to use on physically healthy storage devices.
- It is a read-only solution (does not alter the drive containing the lost data).
- Easy to use which reduces the chance of error.
- It checks the physical health state of the disk automatically.
However never attempt data recovery using any software if you have reason to believe or know the cause of the data loss is hardware related. Do not recover data using file recovery software:
- After you have dropped the drive
- If the drive was hit by an object
- If liquid was spilled over it
- If you smell burn
- If the drive produces abnormal sounds, including high pitched buzzing, clicks, any other repeating sounds
If any of these symptoms occur it’s best to not power up the drive at all and contact a data recovery lab. Often an in lab recovery does not cost thousands of Dollars, there are many reputable labs that operate in the $350 – $650 price range. If needed I can recommend a lab in your area (email@example.com).
If the drive starts making abnormal sounds including high pitched buzzing, clicks, any other repeating sounds while operating the software, abort the recovery and power down the drive.
In general it is safe to use file recovery software if the cause of the data loss is known to be a ‘soft error’ such as accidental file deletion, accidental formatting, volume deletion etc..
Common good practice is to image the drive containing the lost data first (read how to do this using ReclaiMe).
Please note that this is not specific to ReclaiMe and true for any data recovery software.
Standard or Ultimate license?
ReclaiMe will automatically indicate which license is required for actually saving the recovered data. In short, if you are recovering from a single disk formatted with a Windows file system the Standard license will do. For recovering data from Mac and Linux based file systems you need the Ultimate license. You also need the Ultimate license for recovering data from multiple disk sets (RAID & NAS).
Short introduction to using ReclaiMe File Recovery
In general data recovery scenarios from single disks fall into three categories:
- UNDELETE: Deleted file recovery. The file system is intact. Files just ‘flagged’ as deleted, this is a normal file system function. Generally, undelete software can easily detect these files again.
- UNFORMAT: The volume is still present and available, though it can not be accessed. Typically Windows wants to format the volume and displays the file system as RAW or unknown. If the volume was re-formatted, it can be accessed but is (almost) empty.
- PARTITION RECOVERY: The drive is no longer present. Disk Management shows unallocated space.
|Undelete||RAW / Unformat||Partition Recovery|
To recover deleted files, simply select the drive containing the deleted files and click Start.
To recover files from a RAW, reformatted or corrupt volume, select the drive and click Start.
To recover data from a lost or deleted partition, select the physical disk and click Start.